Bassoon Lesson - 1hr package of 10 Lessons
Private bassoon lessons in-person
- For all ages and experience levels from youth through adult
- Reed discounts available
Lesson length: 1 hour
Number of Lessons: 10
By starting lessons, you have read and agreed to the policies document, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
KassandraBassoon Lesson Policies
Payments / Cancellation
Tuition for all group classes and private lessons is due prior to the first lesson. Payment is available online by credit card or in person by check. A refund is available before lessons begin, or after the first lesson is completed. A refund is not available after the second lesson is completed.
If you have purchased a package of 10 lessons. This means you receive 2 make-ups in the event of illness or emergency. If you have purchased a package of 5 lessons. This means you receive 1 make-up in the event of illness or emergency. Please remember to contact your instructor with 24 hours’ notice in this instance.
Attendance and Punctuality
Please arrive promptly to each lesson. Lessons begin on time and end on time.
KassandraBassoon’s private lessons program policies may be subject to change or revision between lesson packages.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
● Please communicate directly by email or phone. I appreciate being notified if there are any concerns.
● Your instructor can offer reasonable flexibility on lessons with enough notice. If you know of family travel or an important event that conflicts with a lesson, your instructor will try to accommodate you within reason. The lack of practice or the loss of music are not valid reasons for missing lessons.
● During the time you study with me, I may invite you to fill out an evaluation of our program. This will be emailed to you as a Google form, and the information will be carefully considered as I plan for the future.
Notes on Physical Contact
Normal instruction in bassoon performance involves a certain amount of limited and neutral physical contact between the teacher and the student when dealing with such topics as breathing, posture, finger/hand position, tension, overall performance style, etc. It is the responsibility of any student who is uncomfortable with this physical contact to immediately inform the teacher of that discomfort.
KassandraBassoon Studio Guidelines
Special notes for parents/guardians of younger students: parents can remain with minors while on lesson is taught as long as it is not a distraction. Your instructor may ask you to remain or leave in the lesson in certain instances.
● Private lesson study requires regular practice to see improvement. It is important that you help your child prioritize this practice time. Your instructor will tell you what an appropriate amount of daily practice should be given your child’s age.
● Your instructor may recommend books of study for purchase. Please bring all appropriate books to every lesson, as your instructor may not have an extra copy for use during the lesson.
I provide a safe, supportive, and motivating learning environment. Each student will have a comprehensive assessment and study plan during the first few classes depending on their individual learning and musical needs. The curriculum content includes technique training, music theory, supporting information from music history, ear training, and sight-reading based on the student’s level and curriculum plan. Lessons may be audio recorded for the students individual lessons and for self-reflection and will not be distributed beyond the purpose of the lesson.
The participation of parents in or during a student’s practice time is strongly encouraged. A young learner (less than seven years old) will need more parental involvement through the observation of classes. This will help parents better understand the teacher’s instructions, practice requirements, and to offer guidance with a practice time depending on a student’s progress. I encourage students and parents to ask questions in lessons or by email so that practice can be efficient throughout the week.
Students Practice Expectations
Students are required to practice before weekly lessons. For beginners, at least three days of practicing is recommended. Intermediate students and advanced students are expected to practice daily. The duration of practice time duration is flexible depending on a student’s level and study goals. Practicing on a working instrument is needed for all levels. Students are also encouraged to record their practice for self-check, or to send it to their teacher by email during the week.
- Notebook or writing journal
- at least 3 bassoon reeds
- working bassoon and seat strap
If the student needs assistance getting a working instrument, reeds, or other materials, please communicate this with the instructor prior to lessons beginning.